PrescribeSM has its own namelist that is called
This namelist must go in the
run directory of CESM.
The location of the
run directory is defined in
$CASEROOT/env_run.xml under the entry “RUNDIR”.
an example namelist is given with the code
- pSMfile : string
- path to the history file containing SOILLIQ and SOILICE. If
.true., the string patterns
%dare expanded to the year, day, and month of the simulation.
- one_file_per_day : bool
pSMfileas is, and iterates through the timesteps (days or months). If
.true.uses one file per day and uses its first timestep. Default =
- pSMtype : int
- Defines how to prescribe SM, see Methods to Prescribe Soil Moisture.
- monthly : bool
.false.uses daily input. If
.true.assumes monthly mean SM is provided.
- interp_day : bool
.false.uses the daily mean, if
.true.linearly interpolates between daily mean. Applies only if daily input data is used (
monthly = .false.).
- levstart : int, optional
- First level to prescribe SM, default = 1.
- levstop : int, optional
- Last level to prescribe SM, default = 10.
- use_qdrai : bool, optional
- Only for pSMtype 3. Whether subsurface runoff (qdrai) is also used for irrigation, default =
- reservoir_capacity, float, optional
- Only for pSMtype 3. Size of the reservoir where water can be transfered in time, default = 0.
if you set
monthly=.true. but have a daily SM input file it will still work (uses the first 12 days as the months)